Here are your hacks:
- If you are feeling stressed you might want to take up gardening, or a least get outside. You see, scientists have found that spending just two hours a week connecting with nature promotes mental well-being. I know I’m going to pull out my gardening gloves because who couldn’t use a little de-stressing? It’s the core to anti-aging.
- Did you know that what you drink throughout the day could be making your skin lose its glow? In addition to drinking lots of water, here are some other drinks that can help you get your glow back: water infused with cucumbers, green tea, green juice, cherry juice and pomegranate juice. But be sure to have several glasses throughout the day.
- Hearing loss is not something we really think about until it starts happening to someone we know or ourselves. The fact is that 40% of people 55-74 experience some type of age-related hearing loss. But there are some things you can do to protect your ears now, and hopefully prevent any loss at all.
- Keep headphones below 60% of their volume.
- Turn down the volume on the radio, stereo and tv.
- Use earplugs when exposed to loud noises such as construction work or concerts.
- Many medications harm hearing, so check with your pharmacist or doctor.
- Have your hearing tested.
Have a great week!
For a healthier you!
Wood C., Et. al. A case–control study of the health and well-being benefits of allotment gardening. Journal of Public Health. 2016.
Hewitt P., Et. al. Does a Structured Gardening Programme Improve Well-Being in Young-Onset Dementia? A Preliminary Study. British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 2013.